Magnificent Seven! Some People Make These Critical Drop Shipping Mistakes. Here’s How You Can Avoid Them
If your looking to start your own drop shipping business contact us for a very special deal. We have lots of free help and advice on how to get started and how to make sure your products get search results on Google click here to contact usRunning a drop shipping store is engaging and entertaining.
While bringing you an impressive profit, this business is relatively easy to manage – still, it doesn’t mean there’s nothing much to improve and enhance now and then!If you browse the Web, you’ll see that it’s quite a common cry for help: “I just got a drop shipping store and I see no sales. What’s wrong?
”What’s wrong, indeed? Let’s take a look at the most common drop shipping mistakes that store owners make.
1. Doing nothing
Oh, that’s the easiest way out, right? It sounds really tempting to build or to buy a webstore, and to simply wait
until someone stumbles upon it, gets interested, and makes a purchase. Passive income, yay!In the real world, it doesn’t always happen.No promotion means no sales, and no sales means no profit.
If no money and effort is invested into the , it will just stay there dead as a rock
– a professionally developed, smoothly working, beautifully designed, but completely unused website that brings no income.That’s exactly what can happen – after you get a drop shipping store, you just put it aside. In a month, though, you realized it’s time to start doing something. Trying an ever-changing mix of promotional techniques, you can gaine an impressive audience of loyal customers and, then you can make a regular income or sell your store for a breathtaking profit.
2. Too broad niche
To be honest, we’ve all been here. Choosing the perfect drop shipping niche.is not easy at all.Even the successful drop shippers who have a huge experience in the field definitely had troubles with the niche choice at some point of their business journey. But getting the righ niche for your drop shipping business can bring you a steady income every month, its vital that you have a genuinely interested in the products you sell.The saddest drop shipping mistake that can be made at this point is going for a VERY broad niche
.Let’s take ‘Clothes’, for example. If ‘Clothes’ is the niche AND the main keyword, the store owner is definitely going to have a bad time. No doubts, he (or she) will find thousands of matching items. But its simply to broad and difficult to market.From the point of view of SEO Marketing, the ‘Clothes’ niche is hopeless. An extreme competition
, a vague keyword
– none of this is good for a webstore. Even carefully targeted Instagram ads won’t help much.Speaking of targeting, let’s go to the next paragraph.
3. No knowledge about the target audience
Customers are the driving force of any online store growth.That’s why it’s absolutely vital to know as much as possible about your potential customers as possible ! A familiar customer segment means a lot for the success of the whole business.A serious drop shipping mistake that can be made on this stage is going with blind guesses
.Knowing nothing about their customers, drop shipping store owners don’t rely on any researches
, statistical data
from their own stores, or actual clients’ feedback
. They have some general idea about the people who might be
interested in their offers, and they just don’t go any further.It leads to absolutely weird marketing decisions that take lots of time, money, and energy, but bring little to no results.
4. Poorly chosen marketing tactics
If drop shipping store owners know nothing about their customers
and don’t understand the market
(this is why it’s so important to be passionate about the chosen niche!), strange things start happening.
- Store is promoted to everyone. The marketer does nothing to narrow down the target audience and just goes through Web shouting about the store. Lots of time and energy (and money) is invested into people who don’t have the slightest relation to the store and show no interest towards the offers.
- Ads are placed on unsuitable channels. The marketer makes no research and randomly promotes the offers through all the media imaginable. As you can guess, the efforts are mostly put into absolutely fruitless channels that bring no return.
- Store is promoted through 1-2 channels only. The marketer relies on a few channels and uses them over and over again, not willing to try anything else. It’s good if these channels work well; but what if other ones work even better?
- No tests are performed. To see if a new channel will be beneficial for a drop shipping store promotion, it is necessary to try it several times with different settings, different audience segments, and different product categories. If there are no tests, it’s impossible to say which channel works the best for specific audiences and items.
5. No automatic promotion tools are used
There’s actually no wonder why drop shippers stick to a few randomly selected promotion channels and rarely use anything extra.There are only 24 hours in a day.
Even if there is any interest towards the use of some new and awesome strategies and techniques, there simply might be no time for it.Automated solutions can do the trick; the most useful of them, for example, automatically promote a store in social networks using our built in posting tool Unfortunately, such solutions are commonly ignored. Ask us about how to use the auto post tool.
6. SEO is a swear-word
In our experience, there are some people who hardly ever pay attention to search engine optimization.That’s really sad because SEO constantly works for a store in the long term
, even if the results don’t seem to be immediate.Ideally, SEO should work for the benefit of the web store. You would be paying very high rents if you had a high street shop so think about paying a regular SEO epert a small amount every month to sort your SEO for you or watch our free videosIn reality, it commonly turns out that store owners don’t even do a keyword research at the planning stage, to say nothing about further so this is a big mistake.
7. No lessons are learned
And this is the most serious drop shipping mistake a store owner can make.All of our first business steps are shaky – it’s impossible to be 100% confident about things we never tried before.All the people who nowadays run highly profitable drop shipping stores had some difficulties throughout their way. It’s absolutely fine to have no knowledge about something; it’s not that fine to keep staying unaware of important things.An awesome feature of e-commerce in the whole and drop shipping in particular is the possibility to learn from one’s experience and mistakes
.Monitoring the store performance, gathering the clients’ feedback, watch our tutorials – all these and many other actions will help your business grow and prosper. Posted in Uncategorised